How can I find your book Systematic Theology in other languages? Updated May 1, 2014
Translation contact information for Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem (Leicester, England: IVP, and Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 1994). 1290 pages.
Translation permission for Systematic Theology is handled by Stephen Tyers at InterVarsity Press in Leicester, England. E-mail: email@example.com
Translation permission for Bible Doctrine (528 pages) and Christian Beliefs (160 pages) is handled by Zondervan, Grand Rapids, Michigan. (616-698-6900). Contact Seamus Dillion firstname.lastname@example.org or Angela Tegg email@example.com.
The following information is current as of May 1, 2014:
A. Completed translations of Systematic Theology:
1. Korean (in 3 vols)
126-60 Sangdo 5-dong
Edicoes Vida Nova,
Caixa Postal 21.486,
Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Phone/Fax (+55 11) 5666-1911
3. Arabic (in 3 vols)
The Program for Theological Education by Extension
P.O. Box 1931
Phone/Fax: (962) 6 4610982
4. Russian – published early 2005. (MIRT publishers). ISBN 5-88869-160-7
5. Romanian: published in late 2004 or perhaps January 2005. Slavic Gospel Association in Europe has taken leadership on this but I don’t have contact info.
6. Spanish: published in 2007. Teología Sistemática (Miami, FL: Editorial Vida, 2007). ISBN 13-978-0-8297-4627-3.
7. French: published in 2010. Théologie Systématique. (Charols, France: Excelsis SARL, 2010). ISBN 978-2-7550-0105-1. www.XL6.com.
8. Chinese (Mandarin): published (in traditional Chinese characters) in May, 2011. Christian Renewal Mission, Blk 203 Hougang Street 21, #02-89, Singapore 530203. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Translator: Paul Chang. The contract is for publication in both “Regular Script” and “Simplified Script.”
9. Amharic (in Ethiopia): vol. 1 published early 2013, vol. 2 expected soon after that. Published by Bible Based Books (SIM Publishing) and Kale Heywet Church.
10. German: Published June, 2013, by Verlag für Kultur und Wissenschaft.
Also available from Amazon.com in Germany: http://www.amazon.de/Biblische-Dogmatik-Einf%C3%BChrung-systematische-Theologie/dp/3862690660
11. Jinghpaw (Kachin people – Northern Myanmar): volume received 4-7-14. Sponsored by Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis. [no publisher, location, or date given in the volume]
B. Translations under contract and in progress for Systematic Theology, but not yet published
1. Italian: Permission granted March 2, 2010 (Edizioni GBU).
2. Albanian: Permission granted to Center for Christian Leadership in Tirana. They are aiming for a digital publication, probably in 2017.
3. Tamil: in process (Sri Lanka)
4. Nepali: permission given April 4, 2007.
5. Swahili: Discussions underway.
6. Tajik: for Tajikistan. Agreement signed Nov. 5, 2010.
7. Hindi: for India: Agreement in negotiation, Dec. 2010.
C. Translations of Bible Doctrine (528 pages)
The shorter form of Systematic Theology, a 528-page book called Bible Doctrine, has been made available in some foreign translations. I am aware of the following:
1. Chinese: 3 vols. in Chinese (3 vols., published April 2002). It was produced by Fellowship of Evangelical Students in Hong Kong, and the e-mail address for the publisher is firstname.lastname@example.org. The ISBN is 962-8266-6.
2. Spanish: Published as Doctrina Biblica by Vida publishers (Miami), 2005. (Vida is a subsidiary of Zondervan).
2. Turkish: translation of Bible Doctrine published in 2005. (Yeni Yaşam Yayınları) ISBN: 9758318829
3. Mongolian: Translation of Bible Doctrine published in 2008.
Publisher: Библийн Сургалтын Төв
Address: Bibliin Surgaltiin Tuv, Bayazurkh District, 2nd khoroo, 805 dugaar angiin khashaand, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Mailing Address: POB-473, Ulaanbaatar-49, Mongolia
D. Translation permission, DVDs, audio files, other notes:
2. DVD lecture series: There is now a set of 20 of my theology lectures, 40 minutes each plus 15 min. Q & A, on DVDs. These lectures cover the 20 basic doctrines discussed in Christian Beliefs, a short, 160-page version of Systematic Theology.
The DVDs are available from ClearCutMedia in the UK. http://www.clearcutmedia.tv/shop/
(Available in European format but not yet in US/ Canada format – expected in early or mid-2010.)
3. Audio lecture series: Wayne Grudem taught through the entire contents of Systematic Theology for an adult Bible class at Scottsdale Bible Church in 2005-2009. Most of these audio lessons (plus outlines) are available from this web site:
4. CD of Systematic Theology for installation on your computer: Available from Bits&Bytes Computer Resources, 623 N. Iowa Ave, Whitefish, MT 59937. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone 800-361-7280. fax 406-862-0876.
5. Other electronic forms: Systematic Theology is available in several electronic forms from www.Amazon.com.
It is also available from OliveTree.com for several PDA formats.